Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Is God in Control at General Council?

I have a friend that describes being elected as the student body president while attending seminary. He says God started speaking to him about two weeks before the election. God was telling him that he would be student body president. He did not want the job so it is good God started dealing with him early.

He relates that there were about a dozen ballots, each time eliminating a group of nominations. Seems my friend was consistently on the bottom of the nomination list that was saved. When three names were left, one vote separated the front runner from the second runner and one vote separated my friend from the second runner. My friend should have been eliminated, but someone said, “There is not enough separation, lets hear from the nominees.” In two more ballots my friend was elected.

Now if God can control a simple election like that, I suspect God can also control the election process at each General Council. It is mostly Pentecostal ministers that are voting. Do we trust they can collectively hear God?

No comments: