Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Sweet Presence of God During a Prayer Meeting

Yesterday I went to a prayer meeting at church. Typically four, five or six people gather together from 7:00 to 9:00 PM on Fridays to pray for needs in the church. Because our pastor has announced his resignation, the need for more prayer feels more acute.

Partially because seven people showed up and the small prayer room gets stuffy, we moved to the main sanctuary and the sweet presence of God settled in that place. To linger and pray in that presence was a profound blessing for me. I miss attending prayer meetings like that.

In the past I have regularly attended dynamic prayer meetings on Friday or Saturday evenings. But they seem to go strong for a season and fizzle to a handful of people. I believe it is time for a new season to start. It would be good to do some discipleship on prayer. I believe God will bring in a group of people that regularly invite the manifest presence of God. The manifest presence of God changes people and churches.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Pete - very much enjoyed your blog. Why did you stop?